Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Blast from the Past #179: The Thinker (apologies to Rodin)

Back in the late 1970's and early 1980's, I was involved for a while with a local anti-nuke group which was working for what was being called the "Nuclear Freeze" -- basically, a pretty common sense proposition which said that we had enough nuclear weapons (I think it was something like 20,000 at that time) -- how 'bout we just don't make any more? I offered my illustrative skills to the group and actually did a fair amount of work for them.



This illustration was done around that time, but I'm not sure if it was ever used for anything. It's one of my favorites -- I obviously copped the pose from Rodin's famous sculpture, but so have hundreds of other artists. -- PL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this. especially the way your drew the arms of the missle. even though it borrows from another famous pose, i still like the way you drew the character and how he looks. nice work!

~ tOkKa said...

-->> ..another relevant 'commentary' piece ..


proves the disturbing and sad point.



Gee.

Vaughn Michael said...

I really enjoy it, it doesn't remind me of your usual drawing style but I don't see anything wrong with that either. :)
-Vaughn M.