Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blast from the Past #345: Fanzine drawing -- "Klingon shopping with Vulcan"

Just got in from about an hour and a half of snowblowing and shoveling (and a little bit of plowing) -- the big winter storm that was predicted DID in fact drop quite a bit of snow on us. Right now, it seems to have stopped, and I am hoping we don't get more today. I am definitely tired of New England winters.

Anyway, back to warmer pursuits -- like blogging.



This drawing is another one I did for some fanzine sometime in 1984, but that's about all I can remember. It is so specific in its details that I am almost certain it was drawn to accompany a piece of "Star Trek" fan fiction. -- PL

STAR TREK and related marks are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc.

3 comments:

Jeff M said...

Such a weird picture! The Vulcan's uniform is Kirk era.. and... the Klingons were like.. the enemies then.. and.. apparently she's in Starfleet? Hmm.... what's REALLY weird.. is that... I know all this... thanks, Dad...

B.Thomas said...

Awesome Star Trek-themed illustration Peter! I'm not a Trekkie per se, but I did enjoy the STNG tv series and ''First Contact'' was my favorite Star Trek movie ever! What is your favorite Star Trek movie?

PL said...

"B.Thomas said...

Awesome Star Trek-themed illustration Peter! I'm not a Trekkie per se, but I did enjoy the STNG tv series and ''First Contact'' was my favorite Star Trek movie ever! What is your favorite Star Trek movie?"

I have a sentimental fondness for the first "Star Trek" movie, but that was because it was the first time in many years that I'd seen my old favorite characters in a new adventure. (The movie itself wasn't very good.) But of the rest of them, I would probably have to say the fourth -- "The Voyage Home". -- PL