Thursday, February 19, 2009

Blast from the Past #154: Han and Chewie fight stormtroopers

I did this one sometime in the early 1980's, I think. I'm not as big a "Star Wars" fan as I am a "Star Trek" fan, but I will freely admit that the first SW movie blew my mind. From time to time I found it fun to try to draw some of the characters, especially the stormtroopers -- I love the design of that costume. (Someday I'll have to post some shots of the one I built years ago (mostly) out of papier mâché.)

Here's the original black and white drawing...



... and then a color version I did some time later. -- PL




All STAR WARS characters ® and © 2009 Lucasfilm.

6 comments:

Tristan Jones said...

That's rad Pete! I have to admit, I'm way more into Star Wars than Star Trek, but I'm really excited about the new movie coming out!

Thanks for filling me in on the lettering too!

Bookgal said...

Thats something my husband would have done: Built his own stormtrooper armor. LOL.

This is a really nice piece of work!

~ tOkKa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~ tOkKa said...

-->> MY GOD ..

guys look at the amazingly freekish ( this is a GOOD term ) detail on Chewie's hide !!

Mentski said...

Many Star Wars fans think I'm crazy, I LOVE the Star Wars universe, but all that Jedi nonsense? Not for me.

Han Solo was always the more interesting hero to me. Great choice of Subject matter, Peter.

Neil Vitale said...

Heh, isn't it interesting how you can usually tell the decade a piece was done just by colors and style? I would have guessed this one was done in the late 70's just by the style of colors used.