Sunday, September 6, 2009

Blast from the Past #222: Ninja archer lithograph

Here's a bit of evidence that my interest in things ninja goes back a ways before the Turtles. This is a lithograph I did while at UMass, sometime between 1972 and 1976. I based this drawing on a photo in a book I had at the time.



This piece is kind of unusual for me in that I am typically not comfortable with the kind of semi-abstract blobs and shapes I used in it. I can't remember WHY I did it this way -- it could have been a desire to make it look significantly different from the photo in the book. Or maybe I was playing around with how the inks, mixed with water in varying amounts, would work on the litho stone. Who knows? But I like the end result. -- PL

1 comment:

~ tOkKa said...

-->> oNE OF YOUR DARKER AND MOODIER PIECES TOO.

The weird Rorschach thing going on with the archer makes me see this.