Saturday, April 13, 2013

Turtles in the library




Here's a link to a recent post on my brother Bruce's "blARTblog":


This past week he and I took a trip over to our alma mater, the University of Massachusetts in Amherst,  to check out the recent installation of some small bronze TMNT sculptures (all four Turtles, plus Splinter) I donated to the university. They made a beautiful display case for the sculpture group (and its granite base), which is currently situated on the twenty-first floor of the library, between the children's books and Asian studies sections.

I have a few more photos that I might post later, but I thought you might get a kick out of seeing what Bruce posted. -- PL

4 comments:

GreenWillow said...

Love this photo...

Mark H said...

That is a very cool shot. Love the silhouette! Did you take this one or, did your brother Bruce? The picture of you behind the statue is really neat too. Was that taken through a window? I see some kind of reflection in that one.
Thanks for sharing!
-Mark

PL said...

"Mark H said...
That is a very cool shot. Love the silhouette! Did you take this one or, did your brother Bruce? The picture of you behind the statue is really neat too. Was that taken through a window? I see some kind of reflection in that one."

Mark, those photos were taken by Bruce. The reflection is from the plexiglass enclosure created for the sculpture group which you can see more clearly in the photo I posted last night:

http://plairdblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/turtles-in-library-part-2.html

-- PL

Mark H said...

Thanks for answering my questions Pete. I appreciate it. Bruce has a pretty good eye. I saw your "Turtles in the library part 2" posting and I see where the reflection was coming from.
Those sculptures are very well done. It must be an honor for you to have statues of something you helped create in the library of your "alma mater".
Have a good one,
-Mark