Saturday, May 29, 2010

Bunnies and rainbows

A couple of days ago, our area got hit pretty hard, once again, by a series of quick, powerful wind and rain storms.Our power got knocked out for about twenty hours, and some towns in the region just got their power back hours ago. Lots of trees, big ones, came down. In Hadley the bike path was closed by about ten different tree falls, and I suspect the same was true elsewhere on the path.

But today is lovely. Jeannine and I have been sitting on our back porch, enjoying the temperate breeze wafting through the screened-in windows. A few hours ago, I saw a cute little rabbit hop by on our patio -- I don't think I've ever seen one that close to the house. Alas, I was not quick enough with my camera to get a shot of it.

However, about five days ago I was ready with the camera to catch an unexpected rainbow after a quick shower. Here's a panoramic view...



... and a closeup view, probably the clearest I've ever taken of any part of a rainbow.



It was quite something -- it looked like a special effect, not something real.

But even better than a bunny, lovelier than a rainbow...




... is our daughter Emily, home for a brief visit, and seen here bonding with her little dog Louis. -- PL

2 comments:

cyberweasel said...

Pretty pictures, all around. :)

I saw a full rainbow last week-- first one I'd seen in years. I really need to start keeping a real camera with me at all times.

mikeandraph87 said...

In from college,huh?I can see your wife,Jeanine in Em.

As always you've got an eye for great photos.