Sunday, October 2, 2011

Even more turkeys

Coming home yesterday, I rounded a corner and saw this...



Unfortunately, (a) it was raining, and (b) I didn't have my camera with the good zoom lens with me, so I had to snap these shots hurriedly with my little pocket camera from the front seat of my truck. But I think they came out okay, nonetheless.

They crossed the road at their usual stately pace, hopped up on the guardrail...



... and then flew off. I wish I had been able to capture some images of them on the wing.

Love those turkeys! -- PL

4 comments:

Amicitia said...

I think you did get one on the wing - look towards the right of the first picture, just above the guard rail. That blur looks like a flying turkey to me!

PL said...

"Amicitia said...
I think you did get one on the wing - look towards the right of the first picture, just above the guard rail. That blur looks like a flying turkey to me!"

You're right. I guess I should have been clearer (no pun intended) that I wanted to get a non-blurry image of a flying turkey. Maybe another time. -- PL

Mark H said...

Took the family up to Monson MA pumpkin picking. We came across turkeys in the road not once but, twice. I think they are planning a takeover!

Amicitia said...

Ah, well... Having never seen a flying turkey at all, I was impressed even by a blurry picture. Good luck getting a non-blurry one!