Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blast from the Past #290: "Chickens" cover for Hampshire Life

This is another piece done on coquille board, in this case as a cover for "Hampshire Life". I like the egg-shaped doorway to the chicken coop.



Although it's difficult to see in this image, I also used a small piece of Chartpak pattern film -- the kind with opaque white dots instead of black dots -- to fade out the silhouette of the trees in the background. I usually didn't combine media like this.

I also found in my archives these rough sketches I did while trying to work out the idea for this cover drawing. (Don't ask me what that strange face in the upper right hand corner is doing there -- it's probably just a random doodle having nothing to do with the work I was supposed to be doing.) -- PL

2 comments:

mikeandraph87 said...

Nice little piece.

The egg theme came up since Easter is right aroun d the corner I bet.

~ tOkKa said...

-->> ..aw i do like the sweetness here too, Mike.

.. mother hen seems to have cast off her baby orc tho' ..