Monday, December 27, 2010

It's finally here...

... the snow, that is.

It started yesterday around the time my brother Bruce had to head back home -- some light flurries which turned into heavier blowing snow. We heard the wind gusting all night, and woke up to...



... not too much snow. It looks like an accumulation of only a few inches so far, and although the wind is still blowing some of the snow around, I think it has stopped falling. I'm grateful we didn't get the twenty inches or so that fell on New York. I'm sure we'll get more before the winter is over... maybe even before this week is over... but this is enough for now.

The birds are out in full force, taking advantage of Jeannine's bird feeder, and she keeps me apprised of when any interesting birds arrive there (I sit at the breakfast table with my back to the window). A few minutes ago she pointed out this guy...


... and I managed to get a halfway decent photo of him. I wish that branch wasn't in the way, but what can you do? It's hard to get birds to pose where you want them to. -- PL

5 comments:

josh .p said...

i live in westford MA and we're getting destroyed by the snow storm. it's won't stop snowing lol.

Nana said...

Love from Sweden.
Is a snow mess here in Stockholm.
I want spring :''(
Anyway TMNT is the king :')

mikeandraph87 said...

I was thrilled to get four inches in Virginia on Christmas Day,but my area cancels school if there is more than a light covering and your area gets tired of it every year. I'll happily take some of Massachutts snow. haha.

I hope Emily doesn't have to fly back to California in it.

That is a good shot and I like the close up. Its too bad most birds are camera shy. Its as if that specific bird was saying he/she didn't want his face shown in the picture.

Anonymous said...

we got a foot or so with drifts mugh higher; the snow just stopped, so it looks like I will be shovelling a good part of today. Beautiful to look at, though.

Summer said...

It's a beautiful picture, even with the branch in the way.

I left the mainland just in time to miss the snow. I lived in upstate NY last winter and did a good bit of shoveling so I don't miss it one bit.