Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dragon and Fairy

Here's another one of those dragon drawings I used to like to do, probably from the early 1980's. I don't think this was drawn for publication -- it was just something I did for fun. This is the original inked version...



... and this is a variant where I used a sheet of Chartpak tone film to give it a slightly different look.



In case you were wondering, all of the highlights and white lines in the toned areas were created by actually scraping some of the black dots off of the film with an X-Acto knife. -- PL

4 comments:

~ tOkKa said...

-->> ..what size of an X-acto blade did you use ??

Splinter's Iroonna said...

I remember hearing about that stuff-- someone I know called it zippytone or zipatone... the memory fails at my age...

My friend would use it occasionally, but he preferred the old fashioned way of crosshatching and stuff, until he needed to meet deadlines.

Cynthia

Buffy said...

Peter,
I really love the new Tales of the TMNT issue! There should definitely be more upcoming issues written and penciled by the duo Tristan Jones and Paul Harmon!

PL said...

" ~ tokka said...
-->> ..what size of an X-acto blade did you use ??"

Just the standard, basic X-Acto blade. -- PL