Sunday, September 21, 2008

Self Portrait


I can't exactly remember why I did this self-portrait in the late 1970's -- it may have been part of some idea I had for some self-promotional material I was putting together at the time. I do recall that I was into the whole "Art Nouveau" design thing at that time -- I particularly liked Alphonse Mucha and the treatment of type in his work. The image of myself that I worked from for this illustration was one of four taken in one of those "photo booths" you still see in malls or amusement parks. Ah, those days before digital cameras...! -- PL

4 comments:

~ tOkKa said...

-->> ..whjat makes it similar to "Alphonse Much" .. the inner piece or the boarder around your face ??

>v<

Bookgal said...

This is lovely...it make sme think of the old woodcut prints you see in victorian books.

Wild Goose said...

Reminds me of Van Morrison's "Astral Weeks."

Capital Chay said...

I love your experimentation.