Thursday, February 26, 2009

Blast from the Past #79 repost: Robot fighting arboreal beast

In much the same vein as BftP #46 ("Alien Snake Hunter") here’s another piece from 1983, the early days of Mirage Studios, pre-Turtles. This was also drawn and inked by me, then colored by Kevin in his inimitable fashion on a photocopy mounted on foam-core board.



I can't recall what inspired me to draw this particular image, though I suspect my fondness for robots and monsters (and trees) had something to do with it. -- PL

P.S. I noticed one curious thing while resizing the image to put up on this blog -- the way we signed this particular piece. I used my middle initial (something I pretty much never do on artwork), while Kevin used his full middle name (but only an initial for his first name). I have no idea why we did this! -- PL

2 comments:

~ tOkKa said...

-->> ..too, interesting :

Some of these Robo - images you are sharing from this early time-frame shows shows the robots being attacked, beat -up, or some in other type of peril.


>v<

WHITEHAWK said...

Peter,

Very nice colour work and I love the simple design of the robot. Very well done :D - Gavin Wainwright

Please check out my own detailed original comic at WhitehawkStudios.webs.com