Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Blast from the Past #348: Fanzine drawing -- "Four-armed assassins"

This is another drawing I did for a fanzine in 1984, and I think it may have been meant to go with the other one I just posted recently. I say this because there is a tiny thread of memory drifting around in my head that links them, and because the inking styles are so similar, and also because the thing that one of the assassins is sculpting -- a mask, perhaps? -- looks suspiciously like it might be intended to replicate the look of one of "Star Trek"'s well-known alien species.



And that would be a Tellarite, first seen, I believe, in the "Journey to Babel" episode of the original "Star Trek" series (one of my favorite episodes, by the way). I could be wrong about the provenance of this drawing, but it feels right to me. -- PL

STAR TREK and related marks are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc.

2 comments:

Jeff M said...

There's something I really like about this drawing. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is though.

Hatch Tarr said...

Hey Peter, my name is Hatch and I'm a host of a radio show LOP Radio (LOPradio.com) I would love to have you as a guest. Please email me at Hatchtarr@gmail.com

Thanks so much!